Huawei has yet another quad-core Android handset, and this time it’s a 5 inch one. Called Huawei Ascend D2, the device runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and was recently showcased in China.
The 5 inch display of the Ascend D2 has an HD resolution – this making the handset a direct competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy Note II, and Oppo’s upcoming Find 5. The D2 features a 1.5GHz quad-core processor (most likely a K3V unit manufactured by Huawei itself), 13MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
The Ascend D2 should be released in early 2013 as Huawei’s new flagship Android handset. It remains to be seen when (and if) it will be launched outside of China.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dual-core Huawei Ascend D1 launching tomorrow in China
- Huawei Ascend D Quad mass production to start only in June. Shipping scheduled for July
- Huawei Ascend P1 XL to be released this month
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August
- Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL to be launched in Canada (by Wind)