Verizon itself seems to confirm this name, as it lists the Droid DNA on one of its support pages. Unfortunately, for now there’s no webpage associated with the handset, so clicking on that link doesn’t get you anywhere.
The Droid DNA should be Verzion’s version of the HTC Butterfly J, announced earlier this month in Japan. Its features will include a 5 inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, LTE connectivity, quad-core processor, Beats Audio, 2GB of RAM, 2MP front-facing camera, and an 8MP rear camera with Flash.
Verizon will likely announce the Droid DNA sometime in November. We’ll let you know when it happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Droid DNA costs $149.99 at Wirefly, $50 less than at Verizon
- Verizon HTC Droid DNA (Incredible X) press image leaked
- HTC DLX (Droid Incredible X) for Verizon shows its 5 inch face
- HTC Droid DNA is Verizon’s first smartphone to integrate Amazon’s App Suite
- Verizon’s HTC Droid DNA available now