Officially announced by Sony in late August (at the same time with the Xperia T and Xperia J), the dustproof and waterproof Xperia V might not be released this year in Europe.
Sony France has tweeted that the smartphone was initially supposed to arrive in December (for €549), but now its launch is scheduled for January 2013. The good news is that the handset will be a bit cheaper (€529), and should run Android Jelly Bean from day one.
We’re not sure if the Xperia V will be delayed until early 2013 in all Europe, but we’ll let you know when more details are unveiled.
A Japanese version of the Xperia V – namely Xperia VL SOL21 – was already launched by KDDI (Japan’s second largest mobile carrier). NTT DoCoMo will also launch its own version, the Xperia AX SO-01E, sometime next week.
Via Xperia Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S could get its Android Jelly Bean update in the next few days
- Sony Xperia U, Miro, Tipo and Sola will not be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Sony Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Ion and others will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Ben next year
- Sony Xperia TX gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, updates for others Xperias incoming
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out