Verizon will start taking pre-orders for the Nokia Lumia 822 and the HTC 8X at 1 AM ET. Both Windows Phone 8 devices will be in stores “by Thanksgiving”, whatever that means. No actual dates have been announced, but stay tuned long enough and someone’s bound to leak those.
The Lumia 822 can be yours for $99.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate) with a new two-year contract. It will be sold in black, white, and grey.
Unlike AT&T, Big Red will only sell one version of the HTC 8X, the one with 16 GB of integrated storage. It will go for $199.99 with a new two-year contract. It will be out in blue, red, and black – and the latter two of those are Verizon exclusives.
Also exclusive to Verizon is built-in wireless charging support for the HTC 8X, possibly of the Qi variation.
Joining these two Windows Phones on Verizon before the end of the year will be the Samsung Ativ Odyssey, but no other details have been made public yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon announces Windows Phone 8X by HTC in exclusive black and red colors
- Verizon Samsung Ativ Odyssey will be available tomorrow for $49.99
- Samsung Ativ Odyssey with Windows Phone 8 headed to Verizon. T-Mobile’s Nokia Lumia 810 and HTC 8X will be out on November 14
- Verizon’s Samsung Ativ Odyssey likely approved by the FCC
- Verizon’s Samsung Ativ Odyssey might be free on contract when it launches before the end of the year