China Mobile has an online store, the store has a Weibo account, and from that account comes the following information.
Nokia will use the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960T processor for the Lumia 920T, and not the MSM8960 used for the Lumia 920. The only difference between those two bits of silicon is that the T model comes with enhanced Adreno 320 graphics (in fact the exact same GPU that’s present in Qualcomm’s quad-core Snapdragon S4), compared to ‘just’ an Adreno 225 GPU on the ‘vanilla’ MSM8960.
This is a pretty strange thing to happen. So it may have something to do with production capacity. Maybe Qualcomm couldn’t supply enough MSM8960Ts for Nokia to feature in all its 920s?
We’ll probably never know. Still, what’s clear here is that if you’ll be buying Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 flagship from China Mobile you’ll get a boost in the GPU department. Just how much? Well, the Adreno 320 could have three times the performance of the Adreno 225, according to WMPoweruser.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- China Mobile’s Nokia Lumia 920T to be launched on December 5. HTC 8X and 8S headed to China next month, too
- Nokia Lumia 720T with TD-SCDMA connectivity launching in China soon
- Nokia will launch Lumia on China Mobile on March 28 too
- Nokia Lumia 920T for China Mobile gets extensively photographed in the wild
- Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 launching in Asia next week