Early this morning, Verizon started taking pre-orders for the Nokia Lumia 822 and the HTC 8X. When the carrier announced the pre-orders yesterday, all it said about a shipping time frame was “by Thanksgiving”. That’s obviously pretty vague.
Worry not, though. Today, Verizon’s pre-order pages for both devices say that they’ll be shipping by November 13 (the notable exception is the red HTC 8X, which will only be out on November 21). That’s this coming Tuesday, in case you’d like to keep track. So if you pre-order, it won’t be long before your shiny new Windows Phone 8 will be in your hands to play with.
In-store availability is another matter, though. That may happen next week, or it may not. There’s no way to be sure. At this point, if you want to be among the first people to sport a WP8 device on Big Red, pre-ordering the HTC 8X or the Lumia 822 seems like the best bet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 820 now up for pre-order in the UK, free from £29 per month, £379.95 SIM-free
- Pre-ordered 4G LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 models may start shipping around November 20
- Black Nokia Lumia 800 available for pre-order at Vodafone UK
- Nokia officially takes pre-orders for Lumia 920 and 820 in Europe. Prices are high
- White Nokia Lumia 800 now up for pre-order in the UK, yours for £429.95