Looks like Apple (or rather, Foxconn) outdid itself and the LTE-capable iPad Mini models will be arriving at their would-be owners’ doorsteps sooner than we thought.
Last week we told you that all signs pointed to deliveries of Apple’s newest tablet starting next week (earliest date we got was November 20 – next Tuesday).
However, Apple’s manufacturing partner has already started shipping pre-ordered iPad Mini 4G units, as we speak. The first ones should reach their new owners on Friday, November 16 (or even on Thursday, November 15, if tracking data from one such customer is to be believed). So at least four days earlier than anticipated. That will certainly make those iPad Mini owners pretty happy.
The 4G models of the iPad 4 have started shipping yesterday. The first deliveries for the iPad 4 4G should also happen this Friday, ensuring many people will have a great pre-Black Friday weekend playing with their new toys.
November 16 may also be the date on which in-store sales of these 4G-capable tablets will start at AT&T. At least that’s what certain rumors are claiming.
The 4G LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 will first be available in the US, and then, at a later date, will slowly start making their way across the world – unlike the Wi-Fi-only variants which got released at the same time in many countries and territories.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pre-ordered 4G LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 models may start shipping around November 20
- Apple: iPad Mini and iPad 4 sales reach 3 million units in the first week-end
- New iPad to arrive in 12 more countries this Friday, 9 others on April 27
- Black Friday: Apple discounts newest iPad by up to $61
- LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 available now at Verizon, AT&T and Sprint