Good news if you own T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S III. There’s a big update on its way to you (that is, if you haven’t been notified of its existence already). Yes, the magenta carrier and Samsung have started to push out the update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to the Galaxy S III today.
The update can be downloaded and installed over-the-air, or using a computer via Samsung’s Kies desktop software – it’s your choice. If you choose the OTA procedure and don’t want to wait to get the update notification, you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About device > Software update and go from there.
After performing the update, you’ll be running software version T999UVLJA (Android 4.1.1). Aside from what’s usually included in Jelly Bean, this update also brings with it improvements to Wi-Fi calling, camera enhancements, and keyboard improvements.
For all the update instructions you’ll ever need, go visit this page over at T-Mobile.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC One XL Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update starts rolling out in Asia
- Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S III gets its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update today
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now available
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Stellar now getting updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- HTC One S Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update starts rolling out