Last week, we told you that the Windows Phone 8S by HTC would arrive in the UK on November 23, SIM-free, thanks to Clove. However, the retailer is now saying that the first HTC 8S stock is expected at an uncertain date, sometime before the end of the month.
Meanwhile, Carphone Warehouse has also started taking pre-orders for the new Windows Phone 8 handset. It’s offering the blue version of it, both unlocked (for £229.95), and on Vodafone tariffs (free from £21 per month). The smartphone should be shipped by Carphone starting the first week of December.
Other British networks that will sell the HTC 8S on contract soon are O2, Orange and Three. These, however, don’t take pre-orders for the device at the moment.
The HTC 8S features a 4 inch WVGA S-LCD display, 5MP rear camera with Led flash, Beats Audio, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal memory.
If you want a WP8 device from HTC right now in the UK, you can buy the 8X. This is more expensive than the 8S (£398.98 SIM free), but offers better specs, including a 4.3 inch HD (1280 x 720) display, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and an 8MP rear camera.
Via The Inquirer
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei’s Ascend W1 Windows Phone 8 handset launching at O2 UK next month
- Nokia Lumia 710 will bring More Windows Phone Mango to Orange UK
- SIM free Nokia Lumia 820 now in stock in the UK
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini offered with free Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in the UK
- UK: Vodafone’s exlclusivity of the HTC Sensation is about to end