Toshiba has announced the Excite 10 SE tablet for the USA today. This looks like it’s a very close relative to the AT300SE that was unveiled over in the UK a few weeks ago.
The Excite 10 SE has a 10.1-inch 1280×800 touchscreen, an Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor, a 3 MP rear camera, an HD front-facing camera, a microSD card slot, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 16 GB of built-in storage space, and it runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (a pretty stock variant, to be exact).
Those are all the specs we know, for Toshiba hasn’t bothered to announce the full list. So it’s up to you to guess how much RAM is in there, or how big the battery is. The good news is that we may get the missing pieces in just a couple of days, because that’s when it will become available. More specifically, on December 6 (so this Thursday).
You’ll be able to buy the Toshiba Excite 10 SE from “select retailers” as well as ToshibaDirect.com for a recommended price of $349.99.
That’s definitely not a bad price for a 10-inch tablet. But for just $50 more, you can order a Google Nexus 10, which comes with a next-generation processor (Cortex-A15 based, although ‘just’ dual-core) and an insanely pixel-packed screen coming with 2,560×1,600 resolution. And you get pretty much guaranteed Android updates for a few years, updates which you’ll also get many months before anyone else.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba intros three new quad-core Android ICS tablets: Excite 7.7, Excite 10, and Excite 13
- Toshiba Excite AT200 with Android Honeycomb to be launched in Canada in February
- Toshiba Excite X10 (AT200) announced for the US, prices start at $529
- New Toshiba Excite 10 tablet with quad-core Tegra 3 and Android ICS now available for $449.99
- Toshiba Excite 7.7 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out