After several rumors regarding its delay, the Samsung Ativ S – the company’s first Windows Phone 8 device – is now finally available. However, at the moment, the only country where customers are able to buy it is Austria.
In case you forgot, the Ativ S is one of the high-end WP8 devices introduced this year, alongside Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X. Weighing 135 grams and measuring 137.2 x 70.5 x 8.7mm, the handset features a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD display, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, 1.9MP front-facing camera, dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM, MicroSD card support, and a 2,300 mAh battery.
The Ativ S should also debut in Canada (via several carriers) and in the UK before the end of the year. In fact, Expansys UK says stock is expected “in 3 days” – however, you can never fully trust these estimated delivery dates.
Samsung’s second Windows Phone 8 handset, the affordable Ativ Odyssey, is expected to debut this month as well – only in the US, and only at Verizon Wireless.
Via WP Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced
- Samsung Ativ S to bring its Windows Phone 8 charm to the UK and Canada this week
- Samsung’s Ativ S Windows Phone 8 handset officially launching in Canada next month
- Samsung Ativ S with Windows Phone 8 now shipping in the UK
- More evidence that Samsung’s Ativ S WP8 handset won’t be launched this year