Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S4 is expected to come with a 5 inch display, so one may wonder what’s left for the next-generation Galaxy Note – will it have a screen in the 5-inch range, too (like the first two models)?
Well, if the latest rumors turn out to be true, next year Samsung will launch a Galaxy Note III that sports a massive 6.3 inch display. At this size, I don’t think we can call the new Note a phablet, but a tablet. Period.
The 6.3 inch Note III is mentioned by Korea Times, in an article that talks about Samsung planning to reduce investments in its liquid crystal display (LCD) unit, in order to spend more on OLED and flexible displays. The publication says the new Note will have an OLED screen, but it’s not clear if it’s going to be a flexible one or not.
Not long ago, we’ve heard that Samsung may also prepare a low-end Galaxy Note for 2013. So we could see two new Notes being released. If the 6.3 inch one is indeed a real device, the low-end model will likely be smaller, hence resembling the current Note II (pictured below).
Until now, Samsung has sold more than 5 million Galaxy Note IIs around the world. In case you need a reminder, the Note II features a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED HD (1280 x 720) screen, and runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note III confirmed for the second half of 2013? Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 LTE listed at Bluetooth SIG
- New Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N5100 with Android Jelly Bean coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy Note III to have an unbreakable display?
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 5.5 inch screen expected to be launched in October
- Sony Nextep – wearable mobile computer concept