The Alcatel One Touch View is being released in Russia, and it just received its first official promo video. Not only is this sanctioned by its maker, it’s to be found on Alcatel’s official YouTube page.
The Alcatel One Touch View is the first Windows Phone to bear that brand, and it’s going to run WP 7.8. That’s right, not the latest and greatest WP 8, but the version focused on lower-end hardware going forward. Strangely though, the device shown in the video clearly isn’t running WP 7.8, but some variant of 7.5. That’s because 7.8 got the new, wide home screen (with no arrow key to the right) featured first in WP 8. Perhaps this is just a marketing error. We certainly hope that no manufacturer in their right mind would launch a device running WP 7.5 in this day and age.
The promo video (which is embedded below, by the way) doesn’t mention any specs. Or a price. It’s all about this guy called Ricky.
That said, we have heard that this handset will be priced around €200 in Russia. Spec-wise, it should come with a 4-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 1 GHz single-core processor, a 5 MP rear camera with LED flash, a secondary front-facing camera too, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of storage, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a 1,500 mAh battery.
With that price and those specs, the One Touch View may sell reasonably well in Russia (where phones are always more expensive than in other parts of the world for some reason), but it probably won’t be a best seller anywhere else.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Alcatel One Touch View with Windows Phone 7.8 appears, images and specs now out in the open
- Alcatel One Touch View with Windows Phone called TCL Horizon S606 in China
- Alcatel One Touch 918 with Android Gingerbread, and dual-SIM Alcatel 318D coming soon
- Alcatel One Touch Idol Ultra now world’s thinnest smartphone, 12 other Android devices announced too
- Alcatel OneTouch 995 with Android Gingerbread (upgradeable to ICS) coming soon