Like every other phone maker out there, Sony is already hard at work on its next generation devices. So far we’ve heard bits and pieces about the handsets codenamed Yuga and Odin, respectively. Those are both going to be pretty high-end offerings. But Sony will also introduce a midrange device in the near future (possibly during MWC in February), and this may be the one bearing the model number C5303.
That moniker was revealed by an image posted to Picasa, Google’s Web-based image service. In the photo’s EXIF data, we can clearly see that the ‘camera’ that took it is, in fact, the Sony C5303.
According to Xperia Blog, the C5303 is codenamed HuaShan. The C5303 will apparently be part of a C530X series, alongside the C5302 and C5306. These will be sold in different regions across the globe, and the HuaShan will even see a release in China.
Obviously don’t expect the HuaShan on the market anywhere this year. The most plausible variant is that it will be launched in 2013 alongside the Odin and Yuga, making up a part of Sony’s smartphone lineup for next year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia X (Odin) to be the dual-SIM version of the Xperia Z (Yuga), design details leaked
- Rumor: Sony Odin to be sold as the Xperia X, the international version of the Xperia Z (Yuga)
- Sony Xperia C5303 HuaShan spotted in live photos, Android Jelly Bean confirmed
- Sony Xperia Z (Yuga) to be announced at CES 2013
- Xperia Z and dual SIM Xperia ZL (Odin) confirmed by Sony’s website