Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III has already started to receive its first taste of Jelly Bean, in the form of an update to Android 4.1. But if you have a Galaxy S III bought from US Cellular, you’re pretty much left in the wind. For now.
You’ll surely be happy to find out that your little carrier of choice is hard at work prepping the Jelly Bean update for its Galaxy S III too. And it will be ready to roll out on December 21, which is this Friday. That’s when the rollout is slated to start. Of course, it may take a while for the over-the-air notification to reach your particular device. And you may be quite impatient. What to do, then?
Don’t worry. For that scenario, US Cellular and Samsung will also make the update available to install via a piece of desktop PC software (they’ve done this before for this smartphone, so no reason they won’t do it again). This method should be available on Friday regardless of whether the update notification reached your phone or not.
This is the page you need to bookmark and hit Refresh on continuously until it shows you what you want to see, by the way.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S III gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- HTC One XL Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update starts rolling out in Asia
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.1.1 update now available in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 officially receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update starting today
- Lenovo’s ThinkPad tablet finally gets its Ice Cream Sandwich treat