T-Mobile USA has unveiled that its Samsung Galaxy Note II would get a software update starting tomorrow, December 19.
The update – which can be downloaded either over the air, or via Samsung Kies – brings a new multi-window (multitasking) feature to T-Mobile’s Note II. It also includes two fixes (“resolves Exchange calendar events not appearing on device Calendar” and “resolves issues with being unable to swipe through Gmail messages”) – but the Android version remains unchanged: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
More details are available here at T-Mobile’s Support webpage.
A preview of the multi-window feature can be seen in the video below (thanks to Android Central):
Unlike Verizon’s, AT&T’s and Sprint’s Galaxy Note II, the T-Mobile edition isn’t available at Amazon – so you can’t buy it discounted there. However, you can get it for $299.99 at Wirefly (but only in white). Otherwise, T-Mobile is directly selling the Note II for $369.99 on contract, in both white, and grey.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Android Jelly Bean update starts rolling out
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the original Samsung Galaxy Note coming soon
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 might get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as soon as next week
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 2 7.0 rolling out