The internationally sold HTC One S isn’t the only smartphone to get a software update right around the holidays this year. It’s been joined by Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX. We’re talking about the originals here, not the HD variants launched a couple of months ago, since those have already gotten their taste of Android Jelly Bean.
The update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX is rolling out as you read this, despite the fact that Verizon hasn’t yet posted a changelog (which the carrier usually does well before the rollout of an update starts). Perhaps those in charge of the changelogs have been on leave or something.
Either way, do expect to get all the goodies that are in Android 4.1 by default, as well as some of Motorola’s very own customizations as usual – though those are getting lighter and lighter with each release.
Naturally, the update is rolling out over-the-air, which means it may not have reached your Droid RAZR or RAZR MAXX yet. Fret not, though, for it will come. And if you’re impatient, just force your phone to manually check by using the option in Settings > About Phone. Happy updating!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s original Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx getting Android Jelly Bean as of now
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD available now
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Android Jelly Bean update for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 possibly coming soon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launching on October 18