After launching it with a $99.99 price tag, then subsequently slashing that amount in half a month ago, Verizon is now offering the Nokia Lumia 822 for free. That’s undoubtedly the best price for anything, so in case you’re interested in picking up this Windows Phone (and for some reason haven’t done so already), you’ll probably be pretty happy. Naturally though, as with all carrier offers, you will need to commit to a two-year contract with Big Red.
The Lumia 822 is Verizon’s top phone from the Finnish maker at the moment, so if this is your carrier of choice and you want a Nokia, it’s pretty much what you’ll have to get. Not that it’s a bad smartphone, by the way. It’s just not Nokia’s flagship in the same way the 920 (found on AT&T) is.
The Nokia Lumia 822 has a 4.3-inch 480×800 ClearBlack touchscreen, an 8 MP Carl Zeiss autofocus rear camera with dual-LED flash and 1080p Full HD video recording, a 1.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p video capabilities, a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor (MSM8960), all the usual connectivity options (including LTE), and a 1,800 mAh battery. It runs Windows Phone 8.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Nokia Lumia 822 with Windows Phone 8 officially announced
- Unlocked Nokia Lumia 800 with Windows Phone available at Amazon USA
- Nokia Lumia 900 delayed by AT&T?
- Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II now available at AT&T, Windows Phone fans rejoice
- Nokia Lumia 900 now available in the UK SIM-free for £445.98