Back in November, we told you that Samsung’s Galaxy S Advance i9070 would get Android Jelly Bean starting January. And – surprise – the update is now rolling-out, at least in Russia.
Reportedly including the latest Samsung TouchWiz Nature UI, the new software package brings Android 4.1.2 JB to the S Advance, and can be downloaded via Kies, or over the air.
Sam Mobile says the 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S Advance has yet to be tested in other markets. So those who don’t live in Russia may have to wait until March to get it. In any case, the update should arrive to your handset eventually, regardless of your location.
The Galaxy S Advance was officially announced by Samsung about a year ago, in January 2012. It was released a few months later, running the ageing Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The handset features a 4 inch Super AMOLED display with 800 x 480 pixels, HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 720p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, dual-core 1GHz NovaThor U8500 processor, 768MB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 1,500 mAh battery.
Other older Samsung smartphones will be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean later this year. We’ll let you know when it happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung i9070 Galaxy S Advance will be updated to Jelly Bean in January
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro i547 gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Android Jelly Bean update started
- Samsung Galaxy Premier i9260 delayed until next year? Galaxy S III becomes Russia’s first LTE phone
- MWC 2012: Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 and Ace Plus S7500 hands-on