Announced earlier this week alongside the Xperia Z, the new Sony Xperia ZL won’t see a launch as wide as the Z model. However, the ZL will certainly be released in Canada, as Sony itself says so via its official Xperia Canada Twitter account.
There is no mention on exactly when the ZL will be in stores across Canada, but it should happen before the end of this quarter, thus in March the latest.
Unlike the Xperia Z, the ZL isn’t waterproof, and neither dust-proof. This allows it to have a narrower bezel around the 5 inch 1080p display, its overall dimensions being 131.6 x 69.3 x 9.8 mm.
The new smartphone runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and features LTE, HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, 13MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8064 Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 2,370 mAh battery.
Sony said nothing about the price of the Xperia ZL. Moreover, we don’t know if the handset will be available in Canada only unlocked, or also via mobile carriers. But we will let you know as soon as new details about this arrive.
It remains to be seen if the Xperia Z will make it to Canada too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia Z priced in Germany: €649
- Sony Xperia Z can be pre-ordered for less than £500 in the UK, could be launched in February
- Sony Xperia Z UK launch and pricing details unveiled
- Waterproof Sony Xperia ZR now official, lets you shoot Full HD video underwater
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L with Android Jelly Bean officially introduced