Launched in October 2012 running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro i547 is getting an official update to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as of today.
The update is available either via Samsung Kies, or over the air. It brings not only Jelly Bean features, but also additional enhancements, including: Swype keyboard, blocking mode, Pop Up Play update, new live camera and camcorder filters, and “a simplified user experience option for first time smartphone users.”
Because it’s part of the Rugby series, the i547 is waterproof, shock resistant, and dust proof. Other than that, the smartphone features a 4 inch Super AMOLED display with 800 x 480 pixels, LTE connectivity, HSPA, NFC, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 1,850 mAh battery.
At the moment, the Galaxy Rugby Pro costs $99.99 on contract, or $449.99 off contract. While it’s out of stock online, you might be able to find it in AT&T retail stores.
Via Phone Scoop
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung provides more details on its cheap Galaxy Star and Galaxy Pocket Neo Jelly Bean smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi updated to Android Jelly Bean
- AT&T launches HTC One X+, HTC One VX, Samsung Galaxy Express and Galaxy Camera
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- New Samsung Galaxy S III Mini colors now official