Sam Mobile quotes a “Korean insider”, saying that we’ll see new generation Galaxy Tabs soon – these should use the name Galaxy Tab 3, and, like the Galaxy Tab 2 models, they’ll reportedly come in 7 inch and 10.1 inch versions (although Samsung isn’t sure it’s going to actually launch the 7 inch one).
The Galaxy Tab 3 devices are currently codenamed Santos. Their model numbers should be: GT-P3200 (3G Galaxy Tab 3 7.0), GT-P3210 (Wi-Fi only Galaxy Tab 3 7.0), GT-P5200 (3G Galaxy Tab 3 10.1), and GT-P5210 (Wi-Fi only Galaxy Tab 3 10.1). It’s not clear yet if all these will have Full HD displays.
Sam Mobile also has more details on the rumored Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100 – 3G model, GT-N5110 – Wi-Fi only model). This should run Android 4.2 Jelly Bean from day one, featuring a 1280 x 800 display, 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 5MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 16GB / 32GB of internal memory, 2GB of RAM, MicroSD card support, and a 4600 mAh. It will measure 211.3 x 136.3 x 7.95 mm, weighing only 330 grams.
Another upcoming tablet is the Samsung GT-P8200, codenamed Roma. There’s no word on what OS this runs (it could be either Android, or Windows), but it’s said it’s going to have 16GB and 32GB versions.
Initially, all the new Samsung tablets will be available only in white (starting the first half of 2013) – with other color versions probably coming shortly after launch.
MWC 2013 is the place where we’ll likely see at least some of Samsung’s new devices. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung P3100, P5100, and i9300 get Wi-Fi certified – two tablets and the Galaxy S III?
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and Tab 3 8.0 could be announced this week
- New 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Andorid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich announced
- 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 announced. Octa-core Nexus 11 and Dual SIM Tab Duos also in the making?
- Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available in the US on June 8