Today, just a week after we saw it in a leaked photo, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 has been officially announced.
Like the Xcover S5690 before it, the new Galaxy Xcover 2 is a rugged smartphone. It’s dustproof and waterproof (IP67 certified), and comes with a battery cover lock that provides additional protection against dropping.
The Xcover 2 runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and sports a 4 inch WVGA TFT display. Other features include HSPA, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS with Glonass, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5mm headset jack, Music Player with SoundAlive, Cardio Trainer Pro workout app, VGA front-facing camera, 5MP rear camera with LED flash and dedicated key, dual-core 1GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support. The handset measures 130.5 x 67.7 x 12 mm, weighs 148.5 grams, and includes a 1,700 mAh battery (capable of offering a stand-by time of up to 570 hours).
Samsung didn’t say when the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 would be launched, and neither for what price (I guess it’s going to cost around $350 – $400).
Another new Samsung smartphone that should be announced soon is the Galaxy Fonblet i9152. Reportedly, this has a huge 5.8 inch display, dual SIM capabilities, and a dual-core processor. It could be officially unveiled at MWC 2013 next month, running Android Jelly Bean.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710, 5.8 inch Galaxy Fonblet i9152, and new Galaxy Tab coming soon?
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 to hit the UK by March, no word on its price
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini gets official: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 4 inch screen
- Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 with Android Jelly Bean coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy S II Plus GT-i9105P and Grand Duos GT-i9082 show up in photos