Oh yeah, Valentine’s Day is getting close. How do we know that? No need to consult any calendar, just look at all the red or pink ‘special editions’ of various mobile products, and how they’re slowly starting to pile up.
This time around, it’s Samsung’s turn. The Korean giant announced a ‘Garnet Red’ version of the somewhat long in the tooth Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. This will, of course, be a ‘limited edition’, and it will become available later this week at Walmart, Amazon, Office Depot, Fry’s, Tiger Direct, Toys’R'Us among other retailers. The price is going to be $219.99, and for that amount of cash you’ll get a free case which nicely matches the new color of the tablet. So, despite the fact that the Tab 2 7.0 may not be the newest kid on the block, the pricing is right here.
What you may have gathered from the information above, and from the lack of mention of any carrier, is that this is going to be a Wi-Fi-only affair. And that’s just how it is, in fact. It comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean preinstalled, and is otherwise identical to its already selling differently colored siblings.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 priced from $579 in Australia, still launching on September 1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab price in the UK drops to £479
- Neo N003 confirmed to be world’s cheapest 1080p smartphone, full specs and pricing leaked
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z pre-orders have started, yours for $599.99, shipping on May 24
- HTC One X+ up for pre-order in the UK, priced at £474 SIM-free, shipping on October 22