As we told you not long ago, Sony is getting ready to unveil a new Xperia Android smartphone called C5303, and currently codenamed HuaShan.
Unlike the Xperia Z and Xperia ZL (officially announced earlier this month), the C5303 HuaShan won’t be a quad-core 1080p beast. It will only have a 720p display (of unknown size), and a dual-core processor – possibly a 1.7 GHz Qualcomm one.
Until the HuaShan gets to be properly unveiled b Sony, the handset has appeared in several live photos somewhere in Germany. The images confirm the fact that the C5303 runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and show it to have a design not too different from what we can see on the Xperia Z. A rear camera with flash can be also spotted.
The Xperia Z is expected to go on sales in some countries starting the next few weeks, while the ZL should follow shortly. It remains to be seen when the C5303 HuaShan will hit the market. Most probably, Sony will announce the new smartphone at MWC 2013 next month (February 25 – 28). Since the Xperia Z will cost about €580, I expect the HuaShan (which will have a different name at launch) to be priced at about €450 or less.
Via Xperia Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia Z can be pre-ordered for less than £500 in the UK, could be launched in February
- 4.6 million Sony Xperia Z units sold since launch? Android Jelly Bean for Xperia S could arrive in May
- Sony Xperia Z (Yuga) to be announced at CES 2013
- Sony Xperia S could get its Android Jelly Bean update in the next few days
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia S available now (in France)