The Taiwanese company has sent out invites for a launch event scheduled to take place on that day in New York City. Sure enough, HTC doesn’t mention we’ll see a new smartphone, but it’s very unlikely that it’s going to showcase something else than the M7 – which, of course, will have a different official moniker, as M7 is just a codename.
From what we’ve heard until now, the HTC M7 should be a bit smaller than the Droid DNA / HTC Butterfly, as the latter sports a 5 inch 1080p display, while the new handset only has a 4.7 inch 1080p one.
The M7 will (obviously) run Android Jelly Bean, probably version 4.2. Other expected features include Sense 5 UI, a quad-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon processor, LTE, NFC, Beats Audio technology, 12MP rear camera, 32GB of internal memory, 2GB of RAM, and a 2,300 mAh battery.
It’s said that the M7 will be released in the US by Verizon, AT&T and Sprint. We’ll let you know more about the handset’s fate when official details start coming in.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC DLX (Droid Incredible X) for Verizon shows its 5 inch face
- HTC M7 and Sense 5 UI possibly pictured
- HTC One X to arrive in Canada (via Rogers) in the next few weeks
- Dual SIM HTC 603e officially called E1, runs Android Jelly Bean
- HTC Ville with Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Sense 4.0 UI coming at MWC 2012?