While Nokia didn’t confirm any of these, it might do it next month, during Mobile World Congress 2013. The Finnish company has officially unveiled that it would host a press conference on February 25 in Barcelona.
Last year, Nokia brought two new smartphones to MWC: the Symbian-based PureView 808, and the Lumia 610 (running Windows Phone 7.5). We could see a new PureView handset this time, too, but now it’s going to be a Windows Phone 8 one. If previous rumors are to be believed, the aforementioned Nokia EOS should pack a PureView camera similar to the 41MP one found on the 808.
Reportedly, the Laser, EOS and Catwalk are all high-end devices, following in the footsteps of the popular Lumia 920. But Nokia also has a new mid-end WP8 handset in the making (of course, we can’t say if this will be showcased at MWC next month or not).
During the last quarter (Q4 2012), Nokia has managed to sell 4.4 million Windows Phone devices around the world. It remains to be seen if numbers will improve starting this year (probably yes).
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Nokia EOS Windows Phone 8 handset with PureView camera headed to AT&T?
- Aluminum Nokia Catwalk (Lumia 920 successor) coming to T-Mobile “in the summer”. Lumia 928 at Verizon
- Nokia Lumia 920′s WP8 successor codenamed Catwalk, should be made of aluminum
- Nokia Lumia 928 and Catwalk could be announced on May 14
- Nokia phablet in the works, Lumia 920 succesor – Catwalk- pics surface, 41 mpx EOS launch scheduled for July