The price of the Motorola Droid RAZR HD for Verizon keeps on dropping at an incredible pace. Just six days ago we let you know that you could purchase Moto’s current flagship Android smartphone for Amazon for a low, low $49.99. That price was valid for new customers, and if you were upgrading you needed to pay $99.99.
So here we are, not one week later, and the RAZR HD has gotten even cheaper. Incredibly cheap, in fact. And this time something rare happened – it’s become cheaper for upgraders than for new customers. Things are usually the other way around when it comes to third-party retailers, and at Verizon the pricing’s almost always the same.
But if you go over to Amazon right now, you can pick up a Motorola Droid RAZR HD for $0.01 in case you’re upgrading, and $19.99 if you’re a new customer. Sure, one penny is essentially free, but a little under twenty bucks is an excellent price as well. Especially considering that this is still Motorola’s highest-specced device out there (with the exception of the battery capacity which is higher in the MAXX edition, as you may know).
Just in case you didn’t know this, you’ll still need to sign a two-year contract with Verizon even if you do purchase the phone from Amazon – there’s simply no escaping that. However, you can save a nice amount of dough if you don’t go directly to Big Red.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Note II can now be bought for just $199.99, Motorola Droid RAZR HD for $49.99
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR offered to new customers by Amazon for just $111.11, today only
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD can now be yours for $79.99
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD, RAZR M, HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE get price cuts
- Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic now just $59.99 at Costco with free accessories. It’s $0.01 at Amazon