The Motorola RAZR i is now in the process of receiving its update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The rollout has started in France apparently, where many owners of the device are reporting having gotten the update notification (which is shown in the screenshot below for your convenience).
The RAZR i is basically just a Droid RAZR M with an Intel processor, so it was clear that it was only a matter of time before this would happen. Especially seeing as how the RAZR M got its first Jelly Bean bits back in November. As a matter of fact, Motorola even promised that the Jelly Bean update for the RAZR i would arrive in the first quarter of this year, and it’s definitely on time by that measure.
The update weighs in at around 300 MB, so you should probably download it via Wi-Fi. If you have a RAZR i, but haven’t yet received the update notification, you can force your phone to manually check for the update by going to Settings > About phone, finding the Updates section, and hitting Check Now.
Since these rollouts are usually staggered, this unfortunately isn’t a guarantee that you’ll see the update as available immediately. But you won’t lose anything by trying, so good luck!
Right now it’s unclear when the update will start making its way to other countries, so a bit more patience may be needed if you aren’t in France.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX get updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Razr i, Razr M and Electrify M will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in Q1 2013
- Wi-Fi-only Motorola Xoom tablets in the US are now being updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean