The Lumia 620 is Nokia’s most affordable smartphone ever to run Windows Phone 8. Not that the company has released dozens of WP8 devices so far, but still. If you’re looking to buy a handset that runs Microsoft’s latest and greatest, and not the almost-forgotten 7.x branch, then this is your cheapest option right now.
After going on sale in Russia a couple of weeks ago, the Lumia 620 is now available to purchase in the UK. It’s in stock at both Unlocked Mobiles and Clove. For a SIM-free and unlocked unit you’ll need to pay £214.98 if you get it from Unlocked Mobiles, or £226.80 if you want to buy it from Clove.
These prices are a tad higher than what we were expecting (going by what was listed during the pre-order period), but they’re still pretty decent considering the specs of this handset.
The Nokia Lumia 620 comes with a 3.8-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, a 5 MP rear camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of built-in storage space, microSD card support, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, HSPA, and a 1,300 mAh battery.
So yeah, not a high-end offering by any stretch of the imagination, but a decent one nonetheless if WP8 is your thing.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 900 now available in the UK SIM-free for £445.98
- SIM free Nokia Lumia 820 now in stock in the UK
- SIM-free Nokia Lumia 720 to hit the UK on April 8. Lumia 520 should arrive on April 22
- Windows Phone 8X by HTC now available in the UK, SIM-free for £398.98
- Nokia presents the differences between Lumia 820, Lumia 822 (Verizon) and Lumia 810 (T-Mobile)