Samsung’s 2013 La Fleur editions (Galaxy S III included) now official, arrive in Russia on February 1
Back in November we heard that Samsung was hard at work prepping La Fleur editions for some of its latest smartphones. And now they’ve pretty much become official, at least in Russia.
The La Fleur editions are focused on women and girls, and they basically have the same hardware innards as the ‘vanilla’ devices, but come with some blinged-up looks (see the image below of a Samsung Galaxy S III La Fleur to get an idea). Samsung is using La Fleur to do something similar to what other manufacturers are thinking when they launch pink or red devices – which usually happens around this time of year (hint… Valentine’s Day is coming).
The Galaxy S III (in both white and red), the Galaxy S III Mini, the Galaxy Ace 2, the Galaxy S Duos, and the Galaxy Ace Duos will all be receiving La Fleur versions for now. All of these will go on sale on February 1 in Russia. They’ll cost around the same as the non-La Fleur variants of the phones, so thankfully Samsung decided not to charge a premium for that blingy bling.
There’s no word yet on when (or if) these will make it to other parts of the world, but if Samsung wants to catch some Valentine’s Day sales it should move fast. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy S Duos, Galaxy Ace 2 and Ace Duos will have La Fleur editions
- Samsung Galaxy Ace, C3322 and C3520 La Fleur editions announced
- Samsung F480 La Fleur, a Valentine’s Day treat
- Samsung D980 La Fleur Touch with Mobile Coupons
- T-Mobile’s smartphones (including HTC Amaze 4G and Samsung Galaxy S II) will be free on February 11