Until Samsung gets to announce (or at least confirm) its new 6.3 inch Galaxy Note III, Huawei’s Ascend Mate remains the only Android phablet that has a display in the 6-inch range (6.1 inch, to be exact).
The Ascend Mate was officially introduced in early January, alongside the 5 inch Ascend D2, and Huawei said the device would be launched starting this month (February). Well, the Mate can be pre-ordered now from a Chinese online shop, which asks $575 (€422) for it. International shipping is available – good news to those who were worried that the new Ascend would only be available in China.
The 6.1 inch display of the Ascend Mate is an IPS+ HD (1280 x 720) one that can be operated with gloves on. Other than that, the device features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (with Huawei’s Emotion UI), HSPA, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Dolby Mobile sound enhancement, 1Mp front-facing camera, 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording, quad-core Huawei K3V2 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
The Mate weighs 198 grams, measures 163.5 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm, and comes with a 4,050 mAh battery that should be able to provide a stand-by time of up to 9 days. For the moment, it looks like only a white version of it can be ordered ( a black one should be available soon as well).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend Mate priced at €499 in Europe
- Dual-core Huawei Ascend D1 launching tomorrow in China
- Huawei Ascend D Quad mass production to start only in June. Shipping scheduled for July
- 6.1″ Huawei Ascend Mate and 5″ 1080p Huawei Ascend D2 officially announced, headed to China soon
- Huawei’s Ascend W1 Windows Phone 8 handset presented at CES 2013