The Huawei Ascend P2 will get unveiled right as Mobile World Congress starts in Barcelona at the end of this month. So far we’ve heard that it will nab the ‘world’s slimmest smartphone’ title, just like its predecessor did, and that it will pack some high-end specs into that slender body. A full spec list was supposedly leaked last month.
And now we get to see the Ascend P2 in some hands-on ‘live’ images, blurry as they may be. Furthermore, some new details about its specs have apparently leaked out alongside its starting price.
It seems as though there will be two different P2 versions on sale, mimicking what happened with its predecessor the Ascend P1. The ‘premium’ one will come with pretty much all the specs that were leaked in January, while a ‘budget’ variation will have just 1 GB of RAM and will start at 3,000 yuan in China (that’s about $482). The one with 2 GB of memory should be a bit more expensive.
There have also been mumblings about a possible Ascend P2 Mini coming with a smaller, 4-inch 720p HD screen and 1 GB of RAM. In the following weeks, we expect these things to become a lot more clear, if not by more leaks and rumors, then with help from Huawei’s official event.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend W1 priced in China
- Huawei 8812 is a $160 Android ICS smartphone with Nexus S specs headed to China Telecom
- Neo N003 confirmed to be world’s cheapest 1080p smartphone, full specs and pricing leaked
- White HTC Butterfly will be released in China tomorrow, received 400,000 pre-orders in one day
- Huawei Ascend W2 could be the thinnest WP8 device. Specs leaked, launch expected at MWC