Last year, when Samsung introduced the Galaxy S III Mini, many didn’t see the point in having such a handset, when there are already devices like the Galaxy Ace. Still, it looks like Samsung believes that was a good idea, and wants to repeat it this year.
As you may all know, Samsung should announce its next-generation flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, in March. If Sam Mobile is correct, the S4 will have an S4 Mini to accompany it.
Unfortunately, there is no word on what the Galaxy S4 Mini should bring. However, looking at the S III vs. S III Mini differences, the S4 Mini might come with a 4 inch HD display.
The big Galaxy S4 is expected to feature a 5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) screen, quad-core Exynos processor, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear camera, and wireless charging capabilities. The new flagship smartphone will probably be unveiled on March 15. It remains to be seen if the S4 Mini gets to be announced at the same time.
(Galaxy S4 concept – not a real device)
Reportedly, the S4 and S4 Mini are part of a series of products codenamed Project J. Also included could be “Samsung’s answer on Apple’s rumored iWatch” – maybe a watch-like Galaxy? We’ll probably find out soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 expected to be sold in more than 100 million units
- Samsung Galaxy S4 and Apple iPhone 5S / 6 could both have wireless charging capabilities
- LG’s Galaxy S III competitor (the D1L) to have built-in wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 concept shows up on video
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (codenamed Altius) could start shipping in April. Galaxy Note 8.0 pictured?