The low-end Samsung Galaxy Fame was announced earlier this month, and it brings the Galaxy S III-esque design to the lower echelons of the Korean company’s roster. It isn’t, however, the lowest-end S III-lookalike to launch in the near future, for that honor goes to the Galaxy Young (undoubtedly seen as some kind of successor to the Galaxy Y from a while back).
The Galaxy Fame therefore won’t be heavily anticipated and anxiously awaited, not in developed markets like the UK anyway. However, if it’s reasonably priced, it could prove a hit as a second device or even one for people who haven’t yet gotten into the whole smartphone madness.
And you’ll be able to buy it from Three. The operator has officially announced plans to carry the Galaxy Fame in the near future. Unfortunately though it didn’t release any details about pricing or a rough time frame for the launch. So far, no other UK-based operator has said anything about the Fame, but that could change obviously, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Fame launched in Europe, costs less than €200
- Samsung Galaxy Young and Galaxy Fame announced, dual SIM versions included
- Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Win and Galaxy Fame available now
- Samsung Galaxy Young Duos priced at €155, available in Europe now
- Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 coming soon. Galaxy Fame has two versions