Sam Mobile (which usually has correct info regarding Samsung’s products) reports that the S4 Mini is scheduled to be released sometime in May. Unfortunately, details on the features of the smaller S4 are still missing.
However, like the S III Mini (pictured below), the new S4 Mini should run Android Jelly Bean, and has to be considerably cheaper than the big S4.
In any case, Samsung may plan to sell at least 100 million Galaxy S4 flagship smartphones around the world. It’s not impossible (seeing how the Galaxy S III was sold in over 40 million units until now), but it will be hard with all the other high-end devices around – including the Xperia Z, HTC One M7, Motorola X, and Apple’s upcoming iPhone 6.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung to sell more than 60 million smartphones this quarter. Galaxy S III and Note II will obviously help
- 40 million Samsung Galaxy S III smartphones sold worldwide
- 20 million Samsung Galaxy S II smartphones shipped until now
- Samsung has sold 28 million Galaxy S II, 24 million Galaxy S, 7 million Galaxy Note handsets so far
- Samsung Galaxy S4 expected to be sold in more than 100 million units