The LG Optimus G is about to launch in Europe running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. An update to that same version has been out for the Optimus G sold in Korea for more than a month now. So if you have an Optimus G purchased from Sprint, you’re probably wondering when such awesomeness will reach you.
Sooner than you may think, apparently. Some owners of the Optimus G on Sprint have already started to receive an update notification. Sprint’s hasn’t officially announced the rollout yet, so it’s unclear whether this is just a limited ‘test’ rollout or the full fledged thing starting.
Regardless, your LG Optimus G on the Now Network should get some new software bits pretty soon. After applying the update your device will be on software version LS970ZVB.
Obviously, the update will bring you all that’s good about Google’s first Jelly Bean release, such as Google Now, expanded notifications, as well as better performance overall because of Project Butter. Hopefully LG’s also thrown in a few bug fixes specific to the Optimus G.
Via The Android Soul
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 officially receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update starting today
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now available
- HTC One XL Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update starts rolling out in Asia
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.1 update now rolling out in Germany
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for LG Optimus G rolling out in Korea