We recently learned that an unannounced member of the new LG F-series, the Optimus F3, would be coming to Sprint, and now we’ve gotten word that its linemate, the MWC-revealed Optimus F5, is headed to Verizon Wireless in the US. Going by model number VS870, the F5 will be sold by VZW as the Lucid 2 (followup to last year’s VS840 Lucid, naturally).
LG is positioning the F-series as an affordable solution for consumers seeking LTE connectivity. To that end, Lucid 2 should offer a decidedly mid-range feature set, such as a 4.3-inch qHD display, 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon Krait CPU, and five-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video capture.
Look for the Jelly Bean 4.1.2-powered Lucid 2 to land within the next month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon LG Lucid 2 officially announced, arrives on April 4 for free
- New LG Optimus LTE III unveiled, runs Android Jelly Bean
- Dual SIM LG Optimus L3 II, L5 II and L7 II all expected to debut at MWC 2013
- New LG Optimus L Series officially announced: L7 II, L5 II, L3 II
- LG VS950 to be Verizon’s Optimus Vu