Not long after we’ve reported that the Xperia ZL would be launched in Europe starting early March (this month), now we’re seeing that Sony’s new smartphone is also almost ready to be released in the US.
The official Sony US Store is listing the Xperia ZL as coming soon. Sadly, there is now word on how soon, and neither on the price the handset will have at launch. What we do know is that the device will be available in three color versions: black, white, and red.
As you probably already know, the Sony Xperia ZL runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and its features include: a 5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display, LTE connectivity, NFC, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support (up to 64GB), and a 2,370 mAh battery.
The slightly bigger brother of the ZL, namely the Xperia Z, is already available in the US, although not from Sony’s official store (which doesn’t list it at all). The Z is being sold by GSM Nation, unlocked, for a hefty $849. Specs-wise, the Xperia Z is similar to the Xperia ZL, but it’s better because its case is dustproof and waterproof.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia SP priced in the US. Xperia Z is already available there
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L to be launched in the UK this month
- New Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L could be announced on March 18
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L with Android Jelly Bean officially introduced
- Sony Xperia Z can be pre-ordered for less than £500 in the UK, could be launched in February