T-Mobile Prism II by Huawei gets leaked press renders, has low-end specs but runs Android Jelly Bean
Many months have passed since then though, and now it seems that Huawei and T-Mobile have been secretly working on a successor to the Prism. Its name? The Prism II, of course. It bears the model number U8686, and is once again made by Huawei. Below are the first ever leaked images showing the T-Mobile Prism II.
The Huawei Prism II will have a touchscreen with 320×480 resolution (the size is still unknown, though), a 1 GHz processor (almost certainly single-core), and it will run Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. That’s everything we know about it so far, courtesy of our good friend @evleaks.
It’s definitely going to be interesting to see a low-end smartphone launching with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board from day one, especially when most of the cheapest devices are running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich still (and in some cases even midrangers, in the case of HTC for example). We’ll obviously let you know when we find out more about the T-Mobile Prism II.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile Huawei Prism stops by the FCC, it’s probably a low-end Android
- Huawei Prism now available at T-Mobile for $19.99
- T-Mobile Huawei Prism officially announced as a new cheap Android phone
- ZTE Grand X now shipping with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Huawei Ascend P1 launched in the US via Amazon