Remember the Neo N003? No, not the T001, which is nothing but a Samsung Galaxy S III Mini clone. The N003 will be Neo’s next flagship Android smartphone, and we first told you about it a month ago. Back then, the specs for the N003 hadn’t been finalized, but now that’s changed. The good news? Neo decided to grace the N003 with a Full HD 1080p touchscreen. Previously, we heard that a 720p unit was to be fitted. Not bad, that, but this is certainly better.
The Neo N003 will cost just 899 yuan. That’s $145 or €112! And this for a quad-core smartphone with a 5-inch 1080p screen! The previous holder of the “world’s cheapest 1080p smartphone” title has been the iOcean X7 Youth which is retailing for 999 yuan ($161 or €124). Neo apparently decided to undercut that, and get the crown all to itself.
There will also be an even higher-end version of the phone going for 1,499 yuan, which is $242 or €186, but details about what will be different about that aren’t available just yet.
Other specs don’t seem to be changed since the last time we talked about the Neo N003, so that means it should also come with a quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor, a 13 MP rear camera, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
As for when this will be in stores (only in China, naturally) – “soon” is what Gizchina has been told.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Neo N003 confirmed to be world’s cheapest 1080p smartphone, full specs and pricing leaked
- Huawei Ascend W1 priced in China
- Xiaomi’s next MIUI smartphone could come with 720p screen, quad-core CPU, $313 price tag
- 6.13 mm Oppo R809T gets ready to become the world’s thinnest smartphone on April 26
- Meizu MX 4-core will finally be out on June 30 in Hong Kong