A well-known Chinese website has dared to post a complete review of Samsung’s Galaxy S4 / S IV – even though, of course, the new handset hasn’t been official announced yet (it will be in a few hours).
IT186 is the website we’re talking about – the same that posted photos and specs of the S4 earlier today. How they’ve managed to get their hands on a Galaxy S4 (and keep it) is a mystery, but that doesn’t matter too much.
The reviewed unit has an eight-core Exynos 5410 1.8 GHz processor – but, as previously mentioned, the smartphone will come with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU in the US.
Unsurprisingly, the new Galaxy is deemed as an excellent smartphone, although the reviewers seem to believe they’re having a prototype device, as software performance (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz) isn’t on par with what they’d expect from an eight-core beast. Unfortunately, for some reason Google Translate just doesn’t want to translate the review page automatically, so see it yourself, in Chinese, here.
Below you have a family portrait showing the S4 alongside its predecessors: Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II, and the original Galaxy S.
Carrier and pricing details for the S4 should be revealed at the launch event later this evening. So we’ll get back to you when all the official details are available.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.1.1 update now available in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S II to get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in February
- Samsung Galaxy S II i9100P and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus getting Android Jelly Bean updates now
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 officially receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update starting today
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1 likely to be announced at Google I/O, Jelly Bean statue arrives at Googlepelx