The update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Sony Xperia S may start rolling out towards the end of this month, at least in Germany.
The update to that version of Android (which, by the way, is not the latest) has gone out to the Xperia T and Xperia V at the beginning of February, so Sony’s flagship smartphones for the second half of last year are covered. But the flagship for the first half, the Xperia S, is still waiting to get its first (and possibly last, this being Sony) taste of Jelly Bean. This while a low-end handset such as the Xperia J has already received its update.
The information about the release time frame comes from a tweet put out by Sony’s German arm, in response to a customer’s question regarding the update. You can see that dialogue above. Basically, Sony wants to begin the rollout for the Xperia S at the end of March.
That said, the company hasn’t officially announced anything on the matter, so things might still change. And change is exactly what Sony should do in terms of software support for its devices – at least if it wants to play in the big leagues.
Via Xperia Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia J gets updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Sony Xperia TX gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, updates for others Xperias incoming
- Sony Xperia S could get its Android Jelly Bean update in the next few days
- Sony suggests Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates for 2011 Xperias are still possible
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out