HTC One Mini officially announced
It didn’t take long after that tease.
HTC has now officially announced their One Mini mid-tier smartphone. There were no real surprises there, but some things are a bit disappointing.
HTC One Mini specs include:
- 4.3” 720 (1,280 x 720 (341 ppi) S-LCD3 display
- f/2.0, 1/3” BSI 4MP Ultrapixel main camera,
- 1.6MP front camera
- 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 400 CPU
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS with Sense 5
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage
- 1800 mAh battery
- Dual front speakers with BoomSound
- Dimensions: 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm
The insides of HTC One Mini are more or less what we expected. But it seems that the Ultrapixel camera lost Optical Image Stabilization, so Mini low light performance will most likely be worse than on the original One. Also the device battery, at 1800 mAh, is on the small side. Of course, smaller display and slower CPU will use less power, but it still makes me wonder of how long HTC One Mini will last even on moderate use.
Overall, HTC One Mini looks like ok mid-range device, and its success will mostly depend on price, which is still unknown at this point.
The Mini should start shipping in select markets in August, with global availability in September.
And here’s the hands-on video of HTC One Mini (via Android Beat):